Summer Working Wardrobe

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Although summer is one of my favourite seasons, I much prefer the heat when I’m lying on a beach or by the pool. Trying to concentrate in a stuffy office is an entirely different story. Being a student however, this summer I’ve decided to do something productive with my time off from studying.

The week before I was due to start my summer vocation, I quickly realised my working wardrobe looked a little limited. By limited I mean there’s a million and one dresses in there, yet none are suitable for the working environment.

A quick look online and I discovered Hobbs. I absolutely love their new range, which boasts a mixture of casual summer dresses and easy-to-wear work ensembles, many of which can be worn both day and night. I wore the Zoe dress on my first day, it’s bright red and the perfect attire for a summery day, plus I wanted to make a lasting impression.

I’m really enjoying this season’s use of bright colour and think this dress is a perfect example of this trend. The beauty of this dress is its versatility, I can wear it with a simple pair of sandals whilst working and dress it up with heels and a statement necklace for evening. It has quickly become one of myfavourite wardrobe staples and when the weather gets a little cooler, I plan to team it with a simple blazer and tights.

Another style I have spotted reappearing on the high street is the classic summer shirt dress. The weather at present has been extremely hot and wearing anything but white to the office is a definite no. I absolutely love shirt dressesespecially as you can tie them in at the waist to create a flattering silhouette.

A collarless neck also adds a contemporary twist to the look and one that is proving popular on the catwalks this season. I adore the fact I can create a completely different look by adding a few accessories to this outfit. Last week I wore my shirt dress with a pair of bright blue suede stilettos, matching earrings and a snakeskin belt. I’ve even found a clutch in a similar shade – another firm favourite in my wardrobe this season.

I’m a big fan of vintage attire, especially vintage dresses that feature bold prints. I’ve already worn a few of my vintage dress ensembles on a number of occasions. They’re so easy to throw on and the length is demure enough for the office.

What’s your favourite summer working wardrobe essential?


post signature

* This post contains partnered content.

You Might Also Like

0 beauty notes

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe