Autumn Nails!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012


I know, I know, I said I'd be back to normal and 5 days later I still haven't got back to normal aha! I am feeling much better after a rather nasty throat infection, hello antibiotics for the next 10 days:(! However I am now behind on loads of work and still haven't really caught up with it all yet, plus getting used to uni life after a week at home takes longer than I thought it would aha.

Anyway onto Autumn nail polishes. I love Autumn and especially the colours that surround Autumn and are associated with it. Now I do actually wear so called "Autumn" nail polishes all year round but I just thought I'd show you some of my favourites (sorry that there are three models own ones, oops!)

[from left to right]

Models Own 'Pray'
This Models Own one probably has to be my all-time favourite nail polish colour, its sort of a browny dark grey, with some purpley tones in it. Goes with absolutely anything, and it is definitely my go to nail polish!

Models Own 'Concrete Mixer'
This is a fairly new addition to my collection but it is one I have lusted over for ages. Its a nude grey that has a greeny tone to it, think of a grey sage colour and you've got Concrete Mixer. Now this doesn't go with absolutely anything like I thought it would, its definitely a cooler toned colour and tends to go with greys and blues rather than browns. Still a firm favourite and something a little bit different to your average grey.

Topshop 'Ruthless'
This nail polish has been in my collection for absolutely ages (not the same one, I have repurchased it a lot!!), its gorgeous, a very very dark burgundy pink! A really lovely shade, that I'm hoping Topshop won't ever get rid of and perfect for Autumn.

Models Own 'Beccas Brown'
This is another new addition to my collection and one I bought on a whim, not really thinking it was going to turn into much. However it is such a wearable shade; its a chocolatey brown with tones of grey running through it, quite muted but still lovely at the same time. I wear this so much without even thinking about it and it definitely looks good with just about anything! (I know it looks similar to Pray but its honestly not!)

Revlon 'Enthrall'
This colour is my newest addition and I love it!! I've been feeling Christmassy since the beginning of November and never having been a Christmassy person before I all of a sudden fancied some sparkle in my life! So I went on the look out for a grungey dark gold and I've definitely found it in this nail polish; its a stunning very dark bronze with gold shimmer running through it, quite subtle and perfect for those who want to feel a bit Christmassy without going all out on the sparkle and glitter. I will definitely be wearing this throughout the Christmas holidays!

xxx

You Might Also Like

5 beauty notes

  1. These are all so lovely, I'm the same with my nail colours really - I just tend to love the darker shades xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really want to try that concrete mixer shade!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new xmas giveaway to win lots of presents from lush and more! click here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really fancy Concrete Mixer, is it as nice on as it looks?x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what it looks like on:) http://thebeautymist.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/nails-models-own-concrete-mixer-nail.html
      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe