REVIEW: Akane Mask Cocoon Nocturne for Thirsty Skin

Wednesday, October 23, 2013


One of my favourite things to do has to be applying a mask and then snuggling up in bed to watch a movie, so I'm always on the look out for new masks. This particular one couldn't have arrived at a better time. It's from Akane, a brand that I've never tried anything from before, and it's a super hydrating mask designed to leave skin fresh, hydrated and stress-free. It contains apple from the Japanese Akane tree, hyaluronic acid and black tea extract; the ingredient I was most excited about was the hyaluronic acid which is also whats in Hydraluron (a product my skin seriously couldn't live without) and is basically what keeps skin hydrated and supple.

The first thing I noticed about this mask was the smell, it literally smells like sour apple skittles, which personally I love!! The texture and consistency was not what I was expecting at all, its very silky on the skin and quite thin and lightweight. For a product thats meant to hydrate the skin I was expecting it to be much thicker however I'm so glad it isn't as it makes is perfect for my oily skin. You're meant to apply this mask before bed, sleep with it on and then wash it off in the morning. I'm not going to lie, it did feel really weird going to sleep with something on my face and there wasn't much left of it to wash off in the morning. However it left my skin feeling amazing; really soft and just looking so much healthier! I would highly recommend this mask and I can definitely see it becoming a firm favourite of mine.

Have you tried this?

post signature

You Might Also Like

9 beauty notes

  1. The smell sounds amazing, I need to try it!

    Ellen // A little bit Unique // Facebook // Bloglovin // Instagram




    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love apples! I'd love this :)
    It looks gorgeous :)

    Kelly || DayDreamsDaisyChains.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this sounds divine! I have dry skin so I need all the help I can get, and this sounds really perfect! xx


    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, great post, i shall have to give this a try! I love the Sisley masks the best just now for hydrating my skin (review on my blog)

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking for a new mask so may have to try this :)

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm this sounds amazing ... Any idea where I can get this mask internationally? x

    Živa | Nothin' Fancy. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds gorgeous I love any masks for dry skin and if it smells like skittles, all the better!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe