RECIPE: Sweet & Sour Chicken

Friday, May 25, 2012

Hey Guys,
I thought I'd quite like to start sharing some recipes with you as well. I made this the other night and it was gorgeous; I didn't know making sweet and sour was so easy!!

SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN

9 tbsp tomato ketchup
3 tbsp malt vinegar
4 tbsp dark muscovado sugar
1 large garlic clove, crushed
3 boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 small onion, chopped
2 red peppers, cut into chunks
small can pineapples pieces in juice, drained
packet of cooked prawns
handful salted, roasted cashew nuts (optional)

In a large jug, mix the ketchup, vinegar and sugar. Put that to the side and in a large wok, cook the chicken for a few minutes until cooked and then add the onion, garlic and peppers. After 8 minutes of stirring add the sauce mixture. Put on your rice or any accompaniment on at this point.
A few minutes before the rice is cooked, stir in the pineapple pieces and prawns and continue to heat gently. Leave to stand for a couple minutes, then stir in the cashews, if using, and serve.

How easy was that?
I think this will probably become my new favourite recipe because it really was delicious, especially with the prawns, but feel free to add some different meat!

Leave a comment if you have any questions.
xxx


You Might Also Like

2 beauty notes

  1. This sounds so delicious! I'm on my summer diet so I'm craving takeaways, this seems like a (mostly) healthy compromise x

    josieowen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I'd say this is as healthy as sweet and sour is ever going to get, aha:)! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe