NAILS: Essie's 'Leading Lady'

Saturday, January 19, 2013



I recently purchased the Essie mini-winter collection; after hearing it was sold out everywhere, I couldn't resist when I saw it sitting alone on a shelf in Boots! I had been eyeing up Leading Lady and Beyond Cozy for a while but didn't want to spend the full £16 before I knew whether I liked them. I got the mini set for £10.00 but this was has to be by far my favourite, in fact I almost wish I had just bought a full size of this!

Leading Lady is a red nail polish with suspended red glitter, it looks stunning in the bottle and even better on the nails in my opinion. Here I put Barry M's 'Red Black' nail polish underneath and then 'Leading Lady' over the top. This is purely because in some other swatches I've seen of this, Leading Lady looked a little paler on the nails than in the bottom, yet I wanted the dark undertone to the bright ruby glitter. Anyway I loved the outcome and this will definitely be a combo I'll reaching for all year round; who says glitter can only be at Christmas?! I may even try pairing it with the Red and Black glitter I got from Barry M in this post, just to mix it up a bit aha:)

xxx

You Might Also Like

17 beauty notes

  1. aah this is so beautiful! i think I'm going to buy this now ;)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colour, its so unique! Be sure to check out my 2012 favourites :)
    xx

    brainybeauty.blogspot.com
    http://brainybeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/brainybeauty-2012-beauty-favourites_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this colour!!
    beautiful

    http://www.candyliqour.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion & Style
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that red is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice color!

    http://www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice color...love it when you are wearing a basic outfit..this color makes everything looks gogeous.

    xx Mounia
    www.nonchalantrebel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a stunning colour! I've never tried a glitter polish before - but I would definitely buy this one if it were still available!

    Em
    x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen so many lovely reviews of this nail polish. Its a very cute festive polish. I love the deep colour & the sparkly effect

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the red glitter ! ,

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning, I love that you've layered it with the black too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Essie is amazing, and ahh this color just screams power - true to its name!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! It looks lush :) Have you put on a top coat as well? It looks really shiney and thick like gels!

    Great blog by the way....

    Siobhan xxx
    @ www.allthatglittersinthisworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning nail polish www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe