FOOD HACKS: Chocolate Bowls

Thursday, March 20, 2014


I was kindly invited by the Co-Op to take part in their Food Hacks campaign which has recently been launched to celebrate them offering students 10% off with a NUS card, the first supermarket in the UK to do so. I don't know about other students out there but 10% off my weekly food shop will be a massive help!! The food hack that was chosen for me to recreate were chocolate bowls! So easy to make a such a cute way to present puddings.


You will need:
Balloons*
Chocolate*

Yes.. it really is that simple!


Firstly melt the chocolate over a bowl of boiling water.


Then make discs on some greaseproof paper, these will form your bowls stand.


Dip the balloons into the melted chocolate, you may need to neaten these up with a spoon but personally I think they look better a bit messier.


Leave to cool, then carefully pop the balloon and there you have it, a cute little chocolate bowl! I added ice cream and marshmallows to mine but I also think these would go really well with a fruit salad, or add a load of strawberries!

For more food hacks, watch this video:


What do you think? Will you be trying any of these?

post signature 
instagram: @emilyyblane 
twitter: @thebeautymist 
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thebeautymist

You Might Also Like

9 beauty notes

  1. SUCH a good idea! Would never thought of doing this.

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! Looks yummy :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look amazing. Will definitely be shopping in the coop when I go to uni if I get 10% off!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgosh, I want to make a chocolate bowl! What a genius idea.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea, I will be trying this.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also attempted making these - Sadly mine didn't turn out half as good as yours! On a positive note, I got to make my first YouTube video! :)

    http://kayspray.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/the-cooperative-food-hack-challenge.html xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe