My MAC Palettes +Swatches

Sunday, March 02, 2014



 L - R: Era, Sable, Antiqued, Brun
 L - R: Woodwinked, Mulch, Satin Taupe, Twinks
L - R: Patina, Soba

One of my all time favourite pieces of makeup has to be my Mac palettes. I love eyeshadow and just think Mac does such a good range of colours that are really good quality. I've been slowly building up my collection because they aren't the cheapest but I love the 4-pan palettes as I find them much easier to transport than a 15-pan palette.

Palette One
Era
This is probably my most used Mac eyeshadow purely because its so subtle and easy to wear on a daily basis. A pale beige colour with a very slight satin finish. It doesn't look like much when swatched but would definitely recommend this if you aren't a big fan of shimmer and just want something natural to wear.
Sable
Sable has to be up there as one of the prettiest Mac shades. A gorgeous browny blush colour with a gold shimmer. I love wearing this during the day as its just so beautiful!
Antiqued
I don't wear Antiqued as often as I would like but it is a really lovely shade. A red brown, rust colour with gold shimmer. It looks gorgeous blended out over the eyelid with a bit of Brun through the crease!
Brun
Brun is my only matte shade but I absolutely love it. Just a really nice dark brown colour that looks great through the crease. Would be good for eyebrows too if you have dark hair!

Palette Two
Woodwinked
Woodwinked used to be my favourite shade but I think I just find it slightly too shimmery now. However it is a really gorgeous, unique shade. A gold shimmery shade that when blended in turns into a burnt gold colour. Beautiful as a one-shade smokey eye.
Mulch
I absolutely love Mulch, just a beautiful brown shade with red shimmer. Looks so nice just blended out over the eyelid and underneath the eye for an Olsen-esque look! This is probably my go-to smokey eyeshadow.
Satin Taupe
Again Satin Taupe is a shade I used to love but find it slightly too shimmey now. However it is a gorgeous shimmey taupe colour.
Twinks
I love the colour of Twinks but unfortunately the pay off just isn't that great. Its a burgundy brown colour but you really have to build it up to get any sort of colour pay out which is a shame because otherwise it would be a firm favourite.

Palette Three
Patina
I adore Patina, it's a really pretty pale taupe with a slight gold shimmer. I wear this during the day and it just looks really lovely.
Soba
Soba is another favourite shade of mine. A tanned skin-toned shade that is gorgeous blended out over the whole eyelid. This is definitely a one-shade smokey eye, yet its not too much that it can't be worn during the day.

My all time favourites have to be Era, Sable, Mulch, Patina and Soba and would definitely recommend you to go and give them a swatch! Any recommendations for what I should get to fill my third palette?

post signature 
instagram: @emilyyblane 
twitter: @thebeautymist 
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thebeautymist

You Might Also Like

8 beauty notes

  1. What a lovely collection! I haven't bought a MAC eye shadow in ages, I might have to go and browse the stands again :) I love the look of Soba, that looks like a really useful shade. Thanks for the post Emily

    Ellie

    http://elsie-bells.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great picks! I own all of the shades in the second palette you featured, as well as Patina. All fab! You're definitely tempting me with Sable and I'd also recommend Bronze, Ricepaper, and Amberlights if you're ever craving more MAC neutrals :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mac palettes are so pretty I love all of the colours!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really need to try some mac eye shadows out! they seem great! x

    Fashion Signal - UK Style and Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog you have! Following you now, hope you will visit my blog and follow as well <3

    xx

    www.ohsoboheme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sable and Mulch are soooo on my list!! You ahve some gorgeous colours lovely, nice to see a few I already have in there - I really should use Woodwinked more!!

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great collection... jealous
    http://www.styleandbeautyforless.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your shades, really want to get my hands on Patina!!

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe