BEAUTY PICKS #1 for Christmas/New Year Smokey Eye

Saturday, December 22, 2012


It thats time of year again, party season!! Work parties, Christmas parties, New years eve parties... (my birthday parties!!) aha. And for me I always find myself reaching for the same kind of makeup around this time of year. I always up for a gorgeous bronze smokey bronze, it's always the type of look I go for around Christmas. These are some of my favourite products that I used to create a bronze smoky eye:

First I always have to use a bit of the Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze, I find its a great base for any smoky eye but in particular I find layering a bronze smokey eye over this cream shadow base just makes my eyes pop! Definitely a must have for me.

Next is eyeshadow, one of my ultimate favourites for what is perhaps the simplest bronze smoky eye ever is Mac Eyeshadow in Mulch. Mulch has to be one of my favourite Mac eyeshadows, on its own its a lovely brown with gold shimmer but paired with the color tattoo it transforms into a stunning bronzy colour. Another firm favourite but much more glitzy combo is this 17 Eyeshadow Trio in Enraged; these three shades are all very shimmery but if you fancy going all out for a dramatic eye, they are gorgeous when used all together; the pale gold all over the lid, the shimmery pale pink in the inner corner of the eye and the darker colour along the lash line and through the crease. A more recent purchase is this Revlon Eyeshadow Quad in Adventurous. These shades are all lovely but I especially love the bronze colour combined with the matte dark brown through the crease, more understated that the 17 Trio but still stunning!

And last but not least is eyeliner and mascara. I'm a huge fan of pencil eyeliners and two of my firm favourites have to be Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl in Bronze and Avon SuperShock Gel Liner in Black and Blackberry. These two eyeliners have to be the longest lasting eyeliners ever, seriously these don't budge and they are really nice colours too. And you can't have a proper smokey eye without plenty of mascara; my favourite has to be the Avon SuperShock Max Mascara, seriously good with lots of volume!

Let me know if you liked this sort of post!

xxx

You Might Also Like

3 beauty notes

  1. I like colors like that. Have a nice day and Merry Christmas/.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the golden brown colours, super flattering too, cuteeee blog xxoxoxoxo

    http://downthelanetoplaystreet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really wanna try maaybelline colour tatoo! great post xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe