REVIEW: Revlon ColourStay Foundation

Saturday, December 15, 2012


Now I've heard people talk about this foundation for absolutely ages, and since it supposed to be amazing for oily skin I thought it was about time I tried it:) Especially when Revlon had their 3 for 2 offer plus a free glitter nail polish when you buy three products; so if you haven't worked it out already, then that was basically buy 2 products get 2 free! Amazing:)
So after a week of using this foundation I am certainly not disappointed. The consistency is fairly runny and the coverage I would say is medium to full. It doesn't feel heavy or cakey on the face which is a nice change to normal full coverage foundations. The colour range is also pretty good for drugstore, I got the shade Buff which isn't the lightest shade for once aha (I'm nearly always the lightest shade in a foundation). Buff is probably a little too yellow toned for me but you can't tell on my face and it blends in so well that it doesn't make any difference anyway. The only downside to this foundation is the bottle, I wish they'd make a flipping pump for it; although I haven't poured out too much as of yet, I can definitely see it happening at some point.

Basically this is probably now one of my favourite foundations, lasts all day with very little need for touch ups and keeps my oil at bay. Definitely worth a try for all those with oily skin!

xxx

p.s. sorry I haven't posted in a while, on my Christmas break now so expect plenty more posts from now on:)! 

You Might Also Like

9 beauty notes

  1. Oh Emily, that's it, I'm going to get it and try it asap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this blog post xoxo

    http://crummbles.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great product :) I struggle with foundation because I also have oily skin but I'll have to check this out!!

    ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only heard good things about this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're liking the foundation- it's one of my all-time favourites! I have combo/oily, sensitive skin and this is the best long-wearing foundation I've tried. Not bad for a drugstore item! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have oily skin and have been tempted to bite the bullet and buy this for a while now, and after reading our thoughts on it, I think I will. I currently use Bourjois 123 Perfect which I completely recommend, but there's no harm in me trying something new! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favourite!I have super pale skin and i find the colour matches the best out of any foundation. However, i got the revlon concealer and i was pretty disappointed. xo

    http://randcfashions.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard so many people talk and review this product too, I've always been scared about trying drugstore foundations but this just seems different. I like that it sounds like medium/full coverage while still being light. The color range is supposed to be great too.

    Thanks for the review, think I'm going to try it out now :)

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe