NAILS: Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in Midnight Taupe

Sunday, June 09, 2013


I went on a nail polish shopping spree a few weeks ago and picked up so many nail polishes that I really didn't need, but you can never have too many nail polishes right?

One of the ones I picked up was this lovely colour from the new Maybelline Nail Polish line. Its a really nice dark smokey purple colour and looks great with neon especially. However I wasn't a fan of the formula of this polish, it just applied really patchy and needed at least three coats to get a nice opaque colour. I just think in comparison to what else is in the drugstore in terms of nail polish formulas this really isn't very good. I do love the colour though so will probably keep on wearing it just for that!

Hope you guys are enjoying the sun!


post signature



advertiser of the monthhttp://www.menapie.com/

You Might Also Like

21 beauty notes

  1. shame about the formula, but I adore the colour

    http://serendipitystyleblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/one-top-two-ways.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the formula. I have the shade in Go Go Green and wasn't loving it. This is a really great color though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a couple of these polishes and I wasn't too impressed with the formula either. It's a shame because there's some gorgeous colours in the range!

    Emma | World of dilEMMA
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm liking this colour a lot xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the finish of this, sort of gun-metally!

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this colour, so gorgeous.

    I love your blog, would be so appreciative if you had a little look at mine as I have just started it

    http://thatameliagrace.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this! It's so unusual, and not something I have or would be drawn to when just looking at the bottle, but it does look really nice on your nails!

    www.laurensibs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate having nail polishes that go on patchy! Howevr, this is a great color! xx Rena

    Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a really nice colour, maybe more winter than summer but still really like it!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such an interesting colour!! shame about the application, but it will look awesome come Autumn time regardless :)

    Holly Mixtures

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this also! The colour is lovely but I agree, the formula is really poor.

    angieleila
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely metallic taupe, you don't see many colours like it.

    jess xx
    dotofdaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybelline has such lovely colours! xx

    http://lupusheartbeat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. oo this is really pretty! I really love all the new drugstore nail varnishes coming out at the moment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this colour, it is beautiful.

    P.xx
    greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous colour but shame about the formula.

    Thank you for an honest review.

    Salli
    xxx

    www.embracingtheenechanted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really lovely colours! It's a shame about the formula :( I had some of their speckled colours and they were good, but maybe because they have the glitter in they're a bit thicker x

    100 Follower Giveaway: Essie, Urban Decay, Soap & Glory, Lush!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great shade - I have been wanting to try these polishes but I might give them a miss now

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Its a really lovely colour with just the right shade!!

    Christina xx
    http://christinathorup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the colour :)

    andrea-herinfinitevariety.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe