REVIEW: Perricone Acyl Discovery Set

Saturday, June 15, 2013


I was so excited to try out this skincare set, I've heard so many great things about Perricone. The Acyl Discovery Set contains four miniature Perricone products; the Nutritive Cleanser, the Acyl Glutathione, the Face Finishing Moisturiser and a No Foundation Foundation.

The one I was most excited to try out was the Nutritive Cleanser which is a daily, gentle foaming cleanser containing Alpha Lipoic Acid and DMAE. Although it says to apply to a wet face and rinse off, I use this in the same way I would use a hot cloth cleanser; so I apply it to a dry face, massage in and then wipe it off with a hot cloth. I am so in love with this cleanser, it just leaves my face feeling so clean but it doesn't strip the face at all. The smell isn't the best but that honestly doesn't bother me because the product is amazing and I'm definitely tempted to buy the full size.

Next up was the Acyl Glutathione which you are meant to use morning and night to help address accelerated signs of ageing. Its a really nice consistency, its feels thick but very silky and light when you rub it in. Although this is probably aimed for older people I feel that I would still be able to use it because it is so light and just leaves the skin feeling so soft.

The Face Finishing Moisturiser is said to help decrease dryness associated with daily activities. I was slightly nervous about this one because I do have super oily skin so I was worried it make my skin too oily. However I was pleasantly surprised, it is slightly thicker than the Acyl Glutathione but it still sinks in really well and it also left my skin feeling quite plump and really healthy looking. I probably wouldn't be able to use this on a daily basis but its great for when my skin needs perking up and a bit of a treat.

Finally the No Foundation Foundation which has high-quality mineral pigments that act as optical diffusers, to neutralise discoloration and even out any skin tone. I was really excited to try this out as I've never really tried a high end tinted moisturiser. Its super light coverage but definitely evens out the skintone however the colour is much too dark for me. Although it adapts to your skintone, I wouldn't really be able to use it unless I had a tan which is a shame because it did feel really nice on the skin.

Have you tried any Perricone?

post signature

advertiser of the monthhttp://www.menapie.com/

You Might Also Like

4 beauty notes

  1. Such an interesting set! All the products sound so unique- thanks for the reviews! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!!! These all sound amazing, I'd love to try the No Foundation Foundation! xxx

    Gemma ♥ | Ɱiss Ɱakeup Ɱagpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, join this new fb group to share your blog posts, read blog posts and meet new bloggers :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/604703729562528/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great review
    So want to try this range

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe