REVIEW: Oil Absorbing Sheets - SkinClear vs. Kleenex

Thursday, August 09, 2012


I think I may have mentioned them before in my monthly favourites but I am a huge fan of oil absorbing sheets. I have very oily skin and so these little gems are a perfect thing for me to carry throughout the day and a lot more effective in my opinion than powder!
Two of my favourites are the SkinClear Oil-Absorbing Sheets and the Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets.   Now I quite like both of these, especially the Kleenex ones, but I also find that they are quite different.


Firstly the SkinClear ones. These consist of 50 sheets of a papery material that contains quite a lot of powder, so if you're not a fan of powder these probably aren't for you. I find that the SkinClear ones don't take the oil off quite as well as the Kleenex ones, they do reduce shine however they mask it rather than taking it away.


The Kleenex ones are slightly different. These consist of 50 fabric sheets that contain no powder at all. They blot out any oil and actually take it off your skin, leaving a matte not a powdery finish. They also manage to leave your make-up completely intact, no reapplying needed which is great.

So overall, I personally prefer the Kleenex ones purely because if I wanted a powdery finish I would simply carry around some powder with me instead. I really like that the Kleenex ones simply leave a matte finish, perfect for those of you who have excess shine but don't like powder!

Have you tried any oil-absorbing sheets?

xxx

You Might Also Like

5 beauty notes

  1. I haven't tried one of them because "unfortunately" I have very dry skin... BUT:
    I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! :)

    xx

    Find out more on my Blog:
    hermionelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried oil absorbing sheets, but after this I think I will haha! :)
    Thank you! x

    www.janesjumbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to try these for ages, but never got round to it. I definitely will now :) xx

    jensbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post i have quite oily skin and have just been trying to combat it using powder as it doesn't effect me too much. But on a night out it is rather annoying and i don't want to be in the loos doing my makeup all the time, so i am defo going to try these out now you have recommended them :)
    http://brightershade2107.blogspot.co.uk/
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've used Clean and clear sheets before, they sort of took my makeup off as well as the oil which wasn't great!

    I've recently started using the Kleenex sheets - so far so good! I'll carry on using these I think! :) Good review

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe