REVIEW: No7 Colour Calming Primer

Thursday, August 02, 2012


I've had this primer from No7 for quite a while now but have only recently picked it up again because I started to get more of a red complexion on my nose and chin especially. I think I received this as a birthday present and it was probably the first primer I ever got. To be perfectly honest I wouldn't recommend it in the slightest!

I'm usually a big fan of No7 products and I, like many others, love it when I get the free £5 off No7 vouchers in Boots although actually I don't buy stuff from there very often. However this is one product I am so disappointed with. First of all the consistency of the primer is very thick which wouldn't be a problem if it went onto the skin well but instead as soon as you apply it to your skin it goes cakey, especially on less smooth areas such as your nose (it is less cakey on the cheeks). It is also really hard to blend so I've found that although it reduces redness on the red areas it leaves a green outline around the redness where the skin isn't so red, so it is almost impossible to apply nicely!

Some people have suggested mixing this primer with either your foundation or moisturiser and when you do this it does work a lot better however this is only really good if you have a red complexion everywhere which a lot of people don't! I have also heard some relatively good reviews on its smoothing qualities but I haven't found the smoothing ability to be very good either.

Overall I definitely wouldn't repurchase it. At £11 it just isn't worth it, it's cakey, thick and non-smoothing and the only thing I really like about it is the packaging.

xxx

p.s. we have recently got a new pupppy:D shes a cocker spaniel and shes called Bella. and in the past few days it is safe to say I haven't have very much sleep so I apologise if there are loads of typos in this (I did try and check it aha!)
let me know if you want more pictures, actually I may post more anyway aha:)

You Might Also Like

8 beauty notes

  1. great review dear,thansk for sharing your opinions! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your honesty on the product!
    would love it if you could follow me back if you have a spare moment!
    love your blog!
    xoxo
    http://katiemarieclarke.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, it looks so weird in terms of colour don't think I'll be getting this anytime soon. How cute is your puppy??!!

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your puppy is adorable! I love the name.

    My sister bought this so I've tried hers and I agree..horrible consistency, difficult to blend, and definitely needs a colour balancing product over the top x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does look like a rather odd primer! I like Rimmel fix and perfect as it's more like a regular moisturiser xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to try that Maybelline BB cream but here in Spain I think it's not available.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg that puppy is adorableee! xx

    armariodedanielle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe