REVIEW: Benefit FakeUp Concealer Event & Review!

Thursday, March 07, 2013

WARNING: Picture Heavy Post
Benefit FakeUp Concealer - £18.50*

I was invited to my first ever event on Tuesday by the lovely girls from Benefit! I was super excited as I'd never been to an event before and plus the event in question was held in Fenwicks, Newcastle... a mere 10 minutes away from where I live, which was perfect! I was quite nervous but everyone else I had spoken to on twitter beforehand was too so that eased my nerves a little. We got champers, canapes and a lovely demonstration from the Benefit gals, and probably one of the most exciting parts of the night was getting to take home all three shades of the new FakeUp concealer!! I had a really lovely time and can't wait for future Northern events but anyway onto the review:


Benefit FakeUp Concealer is a brand new hydrating and crease-control concealer!
It contains a hydrating ring with vitamin E and apple seed extract and an inner concealing core.

First impressions I was immediately slightly dubious, what with my oily skin, I thought adding moisture to my face for the day seemed like a bad idea. However I was very pleasantly surprised!! This concealer has an incredibly silky texture, not at all oily like I was expecting, and glides on so well. I was colour matched to the shade Light (obviously, I didn't expect anything else aha) but it also comes in two other shades, Medium & Deep; although that isn't a huge variety of shades they blend into the skin really well! The coverage, lack of creasing and staying power is amazing, definitely rivals my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in terms of under eye coverage, only it does so much more. I thought the hydrating ring would make this concealer just slip off my face but it didn't, it stayed on all day, I did set it with a little powder but that was purely to set my face a little. Normally when I get to the end of the day my under eyes are feeling a little dry and sometimes a bit sore, so my under eyes are where I slather on a load of eye cream every night. But with this I am sitting here at half 11 on wednesday night and my under eyes are still silky soft and hydrated, which is a miracle in my eyes. Probably wouldn't recommend this for blemisehs and spot cover ups but for under-eyes this is a dream come true.

As you can probably tell I can't stop raving about this concealer enough and I think it is going to be a huge hit when it launches on the 30th March. I predict long queues for this little baby!!

Thanks once again to Benefit for the invite!

xxx





post signature

9 DAYS LEFT TO ENTER MY 250 FOLLOWER GIVEAWAY

4 DAYS LEFT TO ENTER MY CASEAPP CUSTOM IPHONE CASE GIVEAWAY

You Might Also Like

16 beauty notes

  1. That sounds like an amazing concealer! I love Benefit products [mainly their concealers] but I'm a little out of money atm but I am adding this to my wishlist for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This product sounds lovely! I wish we had Benefit in my country.

    Sandra - The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really awesome!! Cannot wait to go and try it out when it comes out!! You look like you had a fun night!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. the packaging is gorgeous!!! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review lovely :) it was such a fab night wasn't it? lets hope we have more going on in Newcastle from now on!
    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh now these look a little bit fab and I love that cushion ha xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look amazing, cannot wait to try! :) XO

    Honey
    www.imhoneyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to try that concealer:) photo's are great! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great event and the concealer looks lovely!

    A little bit Unique

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These seem like such lovely products and I can't wait to get my hands on one. It's nice to see the light shade is actually light for a change too haha :)
    The event sounded really fun too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the review! I've been real curious about this concealer, so it's nice to see you've been liking it. And I'm happy to hear that it's relatively oily-skin friendly :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to try this out! I also have oily-ish skin at times, but my undereyes can get very dry. This looks like the perfect solution! Also very cool you got invited to the Benefit event!! :)

    Anna

    http://offthebandwagonblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a great event and I absolutely love Benefit so can't wait to try this out! :) x

    www.bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes this is released the day after payday woohoo! I love the majority of benefit products so I will definately be getting this when it comes out! I'm not keen on the concealer I'm using at the moment either, win win! x

    http://aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look amazing, can't wait to get my hands on one when they come out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe