REVIEW: NYX Blush in 'Taupe'

Saturday, March 23, 2013


I have been after this NYX Blusher for absolutely agess! Everyone kept saying how it was the perfect contour colour for pale people and having spent years looking for the perfect contour I knew I had to try this. I'm so glad they've made it easily accessible to the UK now.

Anyway its a really lovely Taupe colour (obviously!), its a lot more lilacy than I expected, if that makes sense. This did make me a little apprehensive at first however I have quite a pink toned cool skin colour and so I think it goes perfectly. I like to contour from the top of my ear down to about where my eyebrows start, I know a lot of people like to brush the line down a lot further than that but since I have quite round cheeks, I just didn't think it looked natural go down any further. Anyway its all about personal preference:)

One thing I'm still not sure about this contour powder is, I have to brush quite a lot over the powder to get enough on the brush, it does seem as pigmented as I'm used to. However I think I will grow to like this as it makes it much harder to overdo it! Its just a little strange and different to me at the moment aha.

This really is well worth it for me, I love the really natural effect it has and I now much prefer a contour powder over a bronzer for contouring, never will I return to bronzer! Bargain at £5.50 (I got mine from 123HairandBeauty with free delivery)


Have you tried this?

post signature

You Might Also Like

11 beauty notes

  1. I need this now! It looks so natural on you, I use the contour in the Sleek Face Form palette, but compared to Taupe it is so orange and dark! You got it for really cheap to, the NYX website charges £4.50 for delivery I think!

    http://thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo need this! It looks gorgeous!xo

    taylorpluslife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear by this! So good for pale skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taupe blushes as I'm so pale! Need to try this, looks lovely

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x


    ReplyDelete
  5. it's a really nude and natural shade! looks great on you (:

    http://sunsetswings.blogspot.com
    xx S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazing on you, it works really well for your skin tone.

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heard so many nice things about this! This looks great on you and now I'm severely lusting x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks lovely! I can't wait to get mine (I ordered it a week ago!) :)

    http://ordinaryallie.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe