Money Supermarket's INSPECT A GADGET: Tablet Review

Monday, May 20, 2013


I was kindly contacted by MoneySupermarket.com and asked if I would like to take part in their new initiative called 'Inspect-A-Gadget'. Where basically they want to find out if cheaper travel gadgets can live up to the more expensive gadgets. I was given a choice of 5 gadgets and I ended up choosing a tablet.

I've always fancied an iPad and so I had pretty high expectations for this tablet and I really wanted it to do well! I went for the black colour, out of a choice of six colours. The tablet is lightweight, surprisingly enough it doesn't feel cheap, and comes with the latest Android operating system. Its a similar size to an iPad mini which makes it perfect for travelling with and just slipping into your hand luggage. It came already half charged so that meant I could turn it on straight away which I love as I'm rubbish at being patient and waiting for things to charge. Once turned on, my first thoughts were that the screen wasn't very good quality, if you're expecting image quality to be the same as an iPad then you'll be disappointed. However considering this is a quarter of the price of an iPad, the screen isn't bad at all. Another thing to note is that the charge doesn't last very long, its says an average of 3 hours but I've had to re-charge this a few times already and i haven't been playing on it for that long..

You can basically do everything you can on a normal tablet; download apps, browse the internet, check emails, etc. And it even has a memory card slot, perfect for storing files you want to travel with. Admittedly it can be a little slow at times and judging from the mixed reviews, its not the most reliable gadget. I've had no problems with this so far however. For just under £42 this little gadget is perfect for travelling with and if you've not got the budget for more expensive gadgets then this is a great alternative.

What do you think of cheaper gadgets?

post signature

You Might Also Like

9 beauty notes

  1. I think for £42 it is a bargain and it is a great idea for my nephew xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. For £42 that's a pretty good deal! But the image quality would probably irk me!
    IN MY SUNDAY BEST

    XOXO Sade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a bargain, a great alternative to an ipad :) x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a bargain, I was actually contemplating buying similar but the 3 hour battery would be annoying to me- especially when out and about.

    Lydia Xo

    http://stylecouturexo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a bargain - very tempting!

    xoxo
    fashionable-addict

    ReplyDelete
  6. oo this is such a cool post! I do think i pads cost a silly amount so this is a great alternative xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the iPad Mini and I love it! But seeing this for only £42, plus it comes with a memory card slot- that's pretty good! I can imagine this being good for young children to play games and educational apps on. Then you wouldn't be so worried if they dropped it!

    C x | gymbagsandgladrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been looking for a tablet that isn't by Apple so this was such a helpful post! Thank you!

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a little bit shocked that this is £42?! An iPad is like 5 times that price, and more? And for what?! Wow.. amazing review, it looks great and perfect for slipping into your handbag xxx

    Gemma | ♥ MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe