REVIEW: REN Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream

Tuesday, May 28, 2013


I'm sure you guys know by now how much of a fan I am of REN Skincare!! So when I was offered the chance to review one of their three hero beauty must-haves I jumped at the chance. I went for the Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream; I've never really found a moisturiser that I absolutely love (other than the Effaclar Duo which isn't really a moisturiser) and so I was really intrigued as to what I'd make of this one by REN.

REN says this is "A moisturiser formulated to leave more sensitive skin optimally hydrated, calmed, soothed, protected and looking beautifully healthy." Usually I would have shyed away from anything with the word 'hydrated' in however since my skincare overhaul I've learnt that you need to hydrate your skin regardless of the type of skin you have. Just because my skin is oily does not mean it doesn't need to be hydrated.

My first impressions of this were of how thick it was, as a day cream I expected it to be more of a runny lotion however it sunk into my skin like a dream. No joke this leaves skin feeling so soft and smooth its unreal! The consistency is very creamy and it really does just seem to calm skin instantly. I wouldn't even say   I have sensitive skin but after applying this cream my face looked a lot less red and it just left it feeling really nice and supple! It also works as a perfect base underneath makeup and is definitely not greasy at all.

This has definitely become a firm favourite of mine, and in my eyes at the moment REN can do no wrong!! Everything I've tried from them, I've loved!

Have you tried this?

post signature

You Might Also Like

12 beauty notes

  1. I must try out some REN products!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like something I might want to try :)

    http://a-hearts.blogspot.com/

    ♥Aley

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great review, your blog is just lovely by the ways, keep up the good work, Ill be visiting again for sure!

    http://www.thedandrea.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh wow this sounds like such a lovely product. You only really read reviews of the REN mask, but I'd use something like this a lot more frequently. Great review lovely xxx

    Gemma | MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I have heard so many good reviews on RENT products, and every time, I swear to try a product of there's, but I always forget! However, this sounds like a must-have, it just has to be done xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this sounds like such a nice treat for sensitive skin! Maybe a bit too rich for my oily skin in summer, but I'll definitely check this out when the weather gets colder! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! And I LOVE your blog! Could you please check mine out? :) I am new...
    www.thethirteenthgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great, i've always wanted to try ren products as I always hear such great things about them!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've ever tried Ren products before... they sound good though!

    Sarah x
    sarahloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love REN and definitely want to try their moisturiser. I'm obsessed with the cleanser so I am sure this is good too x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ren are amazing though i've not tried this yet - have you tried their new BB cream it's amazing. Love L xxx A Scottish Lass ❤

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to try REN and you definitely made me wanna get some skincare products asap!

    http://evamilano.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe