Marks and Spencer 'Limited Collection' Make-Up

Saturday, June 30, 2012


I'm sure like many others when the new M&S 'Limited Collection' was released I wasn't overly interested. I have never been into Marks and Spencer's makeup despite them actually having some pretty good stuff!

However when I entered the store a couple of weeks ago, I decided to go and have a look and I ended up coming away with a bronzer, nail polish and foundation. With the prices ranging from around £3.00 to £10.00, this range is very affordable and also surprisingly good!

The first thing I went for was the nail polish, at £3.50 it was very reasonable and they had a good range of 24 colours to choose from. I went for the colour 'Leaf' which I was expecting to be more of a mint colour but I would probably say its more of a sea greeny colour; so I was a little disappointed but only because of the colour I chose. The formula and brush are actually really good; you can get a lovely colour from just two coats so I can't really fault the actual nail polish!
I just think next time I will go for a different colour:)

The next thing I bought I was really excited about! I've been looking for a non-shimmery bronzer for ages that's not too pricey and so this was perfect for me! I got the colour 'Light' but there was also a Dark one and I have worn it everyday since I bought it. I love it, the colour is very suited to my skintone and it blends into my cheeks perfectly, making my face look a bit warmer. The other thing I love about this is the box, look how lovely it is, definitely a firm favourite. At £5.00 for 7g of product you really can't go wrong aha!

The final thing I bought was the foundation in 'Ivory'. Again I have been looking for a good foundation that provides a little more coverage for ages and so far this one has been the best. It provides a medium coverage but doesn't feel at all heavy on the skin, as you can see it blends in really nicely with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush. The other thing I really liked about this was that it didn't give a dewy finish yet still brightened my face up; with my super oily skin I'm not a great fan of dewy products and so this was another winning factor for me. 
The only thing I wasn't so keen on was the colour range, I went for 'Ivory' which was the lightest colour. Although I would say I'm fair, I'm not the palest person and so someone paler than me probably wouldn't be able to find a colour to match their skintone. There are six colours and on the website it looks like there would be a colour for everyone, however I felt that all of the other colours were very orange and very different in tone to the 'Ivory' colour. So for me this is a really good foundation but the colour range could do with be imrpoved!

I hope this has helped some of you, I will definitely be going back to try out some more of the range!

xxx

You Might Also Like

12 beauty notes

  1. The colour of the nail varnish is lovely!

    Would love it if you could check out my blog giveaway!

    http://riley-ellise.blogspo.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking for a foundation that doesn't leave a dewy finish, this looks great! I like the bronzer too. Marks & Spencer's here I come! xx

    jensbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I was definitely shocked at how much good stuff there was! x

      Delete
  3. I've never tried anything from M&S. I should go look soon!
    I love your blog, I nominated you for a Leibster Blog Award!
    http://www.plastichearts.co/2012/06/leibster.html :)

    H xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you, that's lovely! I don't think I've ever been nominated for an award before aha:) x

      Delete
  4. love the color of the nailpolish :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. M&S <3 I like the nail polish
    following

    NRC ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the polish it's such a nice colour x

    Katharine from kathykins.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the bronzer looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe