SKINCARE: Favourite Body Shop Products!

Saturday, June 02, 2012

Hey guys, 
The body shop is one of my favourite places to get skincare products, it's not too expensive and I find the majority of products are really good quality.

These are some of the products I use in my daily routine; firstly an absolute staple in my routine in this Seaweed Clarifying Toner for Combination/Oily skin. Basically this toner is an absolute dream, it's very gentle on the skin yet still gets rid of all the dirt and impurities. I used to use the Tea Tree Toner however I found this way too harsh but I'll talk more about that later.


I wash my face once in the morning and once in the evening. In the morning I use Deep Cleansing Facial Wash just get rid of any shine from overnight, then in the evening I use an exfoliator, my favourite is the Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator as it has a lot of tiny bits in which I find exfoliates the best and leaves my skin smooth. However I also use the Tea Tree Blackhead Exfoliating when I have some more problem areas as I find the bits in it are bigger but there's less of them.

If I have any spots I also dab on a bit of Tea Tree oil and I find that it dries them out really quickly!


Up until a few months ago I was using the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner, and I found that although my face felt really clean after I used it I found that I was getting more and more breakouts. At first I blamed these on other products and maybe the fact that I wasn't eating as healthily as I could but I was reading something a while ago that was talking about Alcohol Denat in products and how although in the short term it may make skin seem better/less oily in the long-term you become more prone to breakouts, especially if you have blemish prone skin. And then I was even more shocked to find Alcohol Denat was in the majority of the Tea Tree range at the Body Shop. I thought Body Shop was meant to use really good and natural ingredients, so I immediately stopped using it and moved onto the Seaweed Clarifying Toner, which I had used years ago, and I have found that my skin has vastly improved.

Sorry for the long ramble but I hope this may have been helpful in some way, are there any Body Shop skincare products you've tried?

xxx

You Might Also Like

4 beauty notes

  1. I also love using Body Shop products most especially their body butters!:) was the the tea tree blackhead exfoliating wash any good?

    Irina
    http://everybliss.com
    http://facebook.com/everybliss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its still really good I just prefer the texture and smell of the Seaweed one:)! x

      Delete
  2. I love body shop products. I never tried any above. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are probably one of my favourite skincare brands:) x

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe