REVIEW: Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub

Thursday, February 14, 2013


I recently gave into temptation and finally bought one of the Lush Lip Scrubs!! I've been seeing these little pots everywhere and have heard no end about their yummy taste. I went for the Popcorn flavour as I'm not a fan of Bubblegum and my store didn't have the third flavour (not sure what it is). It really is a great scrub, admittedly its not the most complex of products and you could easily make your own but it leaves skin so soft and flake free. Perfect for wearing lipsticks which I've actually been doing a lot lately!! However I'm still not completely sold on the taste, if it was just pure sugar and flavouring I think I would absolutely love it but the third ingredient is Sea Salt, which in my opinion gives the Popcorn scrub a really salty, not very nice taste. I thought I would love licking this off but one lick puts me off! I don't know if I've just got a really salty one or whether they are all like this but I would like to try the other flavours to see if they are as salty.
If they are, then I'll be sticking to making my own at home, sorry Lush!

All in all it is a nice product and it does exactly what it says it does, I was just disappointed by the taste!

What did you think of these?

post signature

You Might Also Like

13 beauty notes

  1. I keep tempting myself to buy one too, I really should go for the plunge as well. My sister has the bubblegum one but practically eats it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new blog follower - and I loooove this!! I have the Sugar Lips one, it's gorgeous!! It's perfect. Pity it tastes salty :/
    Hannah

    HannahMarieBeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been wanting to try this for ages - my lips are never in good condition and i think this might be the answer!

    highsocietyfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bubble gum one!! It's amazing and I love how my lips feel afterwards!
    xx
    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have wanted to try these lip scrubs for ages but I am worried that they would break my skin out because i have very sensitive skin and fragranced products are usually never good. I have actually made my own just using Vaseline and alot of white sugar.. it does the job and is 100% natural and good for your skin. Great blog :)

    brainybeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the same with me, I ave to be super picky with whatever I use on my skin. I'll definitely try vaseline and white sugar!

      Great post!

      http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
      UK High Street Fashion & Style
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. Vaseline & Sugar sounds like a great idea, might have to give that a go:) x

      Delete
  6. oww if this tasted like yummy popcorn I'd definitely have to get it! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these lip scrubs and I'm a big fan of the mint one.. I don't know if I would like popcorn but I guess I'll have to go in and give it a go!

    Style & Beauty Blog
    With Love From, B

    ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got this just before the holidays and have been loving it! Super effective and I actually like the sweet-salty taste. I'm pretty sure the other versions are just sugar-based, so if you like the effect but not the taste of Popcorn, you should check out the other flavours for sure :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely plan to check out the others, I'm just not a salty person aha:) x

      Delete
  9. Oh wow, I definitely will have to check out this product. I've not seen anything about lip scrubs before!
    xx

    somlclr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm tempted to buy one but scared incase of the taste. I've heard reviews on the popcorn one where it's salty. I want to try the bubblegum one but it might be a waste of money. Good review! Love your blog. x

    Youtube - abbeylovesbeauty1
    Blogger: abbeylovesbeauty1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe