FITNESS: Workout DVDs PART 1

Wednesday, July 04, 2012



Okay so Summer is (hopefully) on the way and its that time of year when we all pull out our bikinis/swimsuits, now I am pretty comfortable with my body but there are always bits I'd like to improve like I'm sure everyone does!

Firstly I'd like to say that I am naturally slim and I'm not going to lie and say I have worked out for years, most of it is down to good genes! Now I'm not saying that to be boastful or to brag but I don't want you all to think I work out for hours everyday because that is not true. In fact my family will probably tell you that I'm one of the laziest people ever. I am NOT trying to lose weight, simply trying to tone up and improve fitness!
However around 6 months ago, I decided that I wanted to improve my fitness and just generally tone up and build some muscle and definition, so I purchased these three DVDs hoping to get a mixture of different activities, as i get bored really easily! Today i will talk about the '30 Day Shred'.

My all time favourite DVD has to be the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, and it is a tough one! I made the mistake of trying this DVD first  and I struggled big time with level one, so I swiftly put that to one side for a month and then picked it up again in March with the intention of persevering with it. Despite it being called the 30 day workout, instead of doing it for 30 days straight I do it around 2 - 3 times a week, unless I really want to tone up for an event then i would use it for around 5 days a week for two weeks! Again I'll say this is a tough workout combining strength, cardio and abdominals, it is a workout that requires full effort to achieve results but it does achieve big results and fast!

Another thing to point out is that Jillian Michaels has to be one of the most annoying fitness instructors ever and I now know the workouts so well that I mute her voice and use my own music, aha!
I would definitely recommend this DVD, but one thing I would say is be really careful when you first start out as some of the moves could result in injury if not done carefully first!

hope this helps, any questions please ask!
xxx

You Might Also Like

5 beauty notes

  1. I really want to try this but I'm hopeless when it comes to fitness DVDs. I use them for a few days and then put them away :( How do you stay motivated to continue with them. Like just say if you're particularly tired one day? I'm a new follower and I would love it if you would check out my blog :)

    Priya..x

    OneProductTooMany.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm tired one day I miss that day out and just make sure I do it the next day! I also find if I set myself a target of toning up for a certain event, like a holiday, then I'm more motivated! I will definitely check out your blog:) x

      Delete
  2. Good and awesome post.I really like this awesome effort.The fitness tips are so useful and looking great.


    Prom Hairstyles 2012

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and I love it!
    I also have the 30 day shred and am using it (as well as my neglected gym membership :s ) to try and tone up over the summer. It's hard work though and I also have to put it on mute haha :P

    Hollie xx
    (cremedeletoile.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interested to see what the Davina one is like, I have two of her other ones and I loved one but hated the other one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe