REVIEW: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

Thursday, July 19, 2012


 I've nearly ran out of my 17 BB cream and I just fancied trying a new one, so I picked up this one in Boots the other day, mainly because of the SPF 30 (I though it'd be great for taking on holiday!). It claims it is an 8-in-1 cream that; creates a natural glow, compliments skintone, protects skin (SPF 30), hydrates all day, blurs imperfections, oil-free, looks visibly smooth and feels fresh! Now personally I'd say it does pretty much most of these things.

There are 4 shades to choose from, which isn't a huge colour range however it does say it compliments your skintone so maybe that is why Maybelline only decided to release 4 colours, I chose the 'Light' one and this has matched my skin pretty perfectly! This BB cream is definitely a light coverage, in fact I'd say it is more similar to a tinted moisturiser than what a BB cream should be, despite this it does even out your skintone and gives a really nice smoothness to the face. It soaks in quickly and feels like nothing on your skin (unlike the 17 BB cream which can sit on your skin for a while after application). I also loved the fact it was oil-free as i have very oily skin and I really don't need to add anymore oil aha:) Although I still neeed a powder to set this as I wouldn't say it reduces oilyness!

So overall this is a nice BB cream/tinted moisturiser, I love the fact it has SPF 30 and so this is why I'd probably only purchase it in the summer. It is very light coverage so this is definitely only one to use when your skin is feeling good. But overall I like it definitely one of the better drugstore/high street BB creams!

xxx

You Might Also Like

8 beauty notes

  1. Great review :) I've never been a fan of BB cream, the Garnier one seemed to make me shiny and orange haha, this looks nice though! xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the maybelline BB cream, I normally use Garnier but I'm feeling for a change, great review
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review :) I've been meaning to try out a BB cream for a while, may give this one a go!

    http://wonderwall-93.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try this. I have the No7 BB cream though which I really like so I just don't think this will be as good!
    alot of people seem to like it though, so maybe I will try it! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this BB cream, I think it's a really nice and easy thing to chuck on when your having a casual or good skin day, but I agree that I'd like the coverage to bit a bit fuller! lovely review xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been meaning to try this

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had good and bad experiences with BB cream. I've only tried a few but have found they sting the skin around my eyes. I have a feeling this in the suncream in them but I'm not 100% sure. Did this one irritate you at all?

    arrceebee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe