REVIEW: La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

Friday, April 19, 2013


I finally caved to the hype a month ago and decided to try the famous Effaclar Duo. Even though I started noticing effects after a week, I wanted to wait a whole month before actually reviewing it as I wanted to give it a proper go. It a 'corrective and unclogging' facial treatment that is meant to leave skin really clear and I've just been using it day and night in place of a moisturiser and I really really like it.

To me this feels very light on the skin which i find perfect for my oily skin and it soaks in really well which is also means it works really well under makeup. The first thing I noticed after using this was how my skin was a lot less oily than it used to be, almost to the point where my Revlon ColorStay felt too drying on my skin and hence why I started wearing the Maybelline Fit Me foundation daily. My skin doesn't tend to get oily throughout the day now, especially if I've used this that morning. I also find this great for unclogging the pores and foundation definitely sits better on the skin after using this. I haven't found it amazing for clearing up spots, it cleared up the major ones and the red ones but I still have quite a few under the skin next to my chin, which unfortunately this hasn't managed to shift!

Overall I really love this product and it definitely deserves the hype its been getting. I will continue to use this day and night and in fact I even plan to get a back up just in case this suddenly runs out on me!

What are your thoughts on this?

You Might Also Like

11 beauty notes

  1. i might try this! i'll get my hands on it!

    xo, ZEBRA AND MEERKAT ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep reading so many rave reviews on this! Definitely going to cave in to the hype soon arghhh :) it might work on your chin more if you keep using it maybe :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, it cleared up my spots and I barely get them anymore!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using this for a few weeks now and I agree that although it's not great at clearing up spots, it's a great base for foundation! Lovely review x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive been meaning to try this myself..i might have to now! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first started using it I was disappointed and thought it was over hyped, but after long term use I really like it and agree with you it's worth the hype


    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been using this for about a year now and I LOVE it. It does take a while to get to work but when it does, it's amazing! French skincare is just so, so good.

    Emma | World of Dilemma

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so need to dig out my sample and try this xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad this is working so well for you! I'll definitely have to cave and give this a try soon- sounds like something my combo/oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin would love! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you liked it and finally caved to using this x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been trying to find a product like this for a while so looks like must!

    prettypugly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe