REVIEW: Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation

Sunday, April 28, 2013


A few weeks ago I found myself really wanting a new foundation, it had been ages since I bought one so I sort of just did a random pick and ended up going for this one by Rimmel. I didn't have any expectations for it so I was really intrigued as to whether it would be any good.

It goes onto the skin very nicely with an almost gel-like texture. It is low coverage I would say, which at first I wasn't sure of however I really like the effect of using this with some of my BB creams or some of my high coverage foundations. I find it makes them feel lighter on the skin and is much better for daily use. On me this would only last around 5-6 hours with no touch ups which isn't bad in my opinion, bearing in mind I have quite oily skin. It doesn't have a matte finish but it isn't dewy either, almost satin-like. The colour range is actually pretty good too, I didn't have to get the lightest shade for once!

Overall I really like this foundation, although its not at the top of my go-to foundations, it is a nice alternative for when I'm wanting lighter coverage, and perfect for days when I'm not really doing much.

You Might Also Like

15 beauty notes

  1. i have been looking for a new foundation for a while now. I just don't know which one to pick, although this one seems nice :)


    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds and looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the exact same thing as you a couple of months ago! I find it goes on really dark (which I freaked out about when I first tried it) and then quickly adapts to your skin tone. I would agree with you, not the best for coverage but good for everyday use :) On the topic of touch ups due to oily skin, I would definitely recommend Rimmel's stay matte powder! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the darker shade of this to my skin tone as I wanted to look a bit more tanned, however it looks silly if I don't wear it over another higher coverage foundation as my blemishes tend to shine through and I think it makes my skin look quite oily. However, as you say it does work really well over other foundations and almost finishes your face off. :) I would recommend it, but get it in the right shade for your skin, don't try and be clever like me!

    Megan xxx

    www.littlerenault.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks lovely, great colour match for you x

    brainybeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds nice, I always have to get the lightest one too ha!

    beautyandtheb1.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, this sounds interesting- thanks for the review! This may be a great option for my combination skin when I want a lighter coverage foundation :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Rimmel's Foundations, they are top notch and this one is no exception! :)

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this foundation, although I think I prefer the Wake Me Up one x

    ReplyDelete
  10. this really blends in with your skin tone..must try it

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been using the foundation for 5 days and I am absolutely in love with it. Never have I purchased a foundation that matches my skin tone and doesn't end up making my face look washed out. I too have oily skin so I've always struggled finding the perfect one.

    Great post btw :D Loved reading it and noticing how similarly we felt towards the product haha.

    Ruth x

    www.kimkimipie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've to try it.

    xoxo
    www.anjaveraliebe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I use this foundation and really like it :) x

    http://lifeinlipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always used to wear this! I love the concealer that goes with it :)

    Blog | Cocochic
    Bloglovin | http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1823055/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe