The SKINCARE Post: Time for a change?

Tuesday, April 02, 2013



I'm sure I've mentioned it in posts recently but I've been having so many problems with my skin. Before I started university in September, I had pretty much clear skin apart from the odd blemish here or there I was pretty much happy. However, most noticeably more recently, my skin has been terrible. It probably doesn't seem terrible to other people but in comparison to how my skin used to be, it feels terrible to me. I've started getting several blemishes on my nose at a time, I've had a couple of spots on the top of my cheek which are refusing to budge and then either side of my chin, I've started to get a load of spots under the skin and also a lot of surface blemishes. Its been really getting me down and I've found myself piling on more makeup to make it look better. I feel too old to be getting hormonal spots at 19!!

Anyway the other day I found the famous Caroline Hirons blog (www.beautymouth.com), very well known amongst the blogging world, I can't believe I haven't found it sooner! Now I'm not going lie, she recommends a lot of expensive products but as she says why would we spend more money on our clothes when we have to have this skin for life? Makes sense right! From her blog I've worked out my skin is oily but very dehydrated, I knew it was oily before but I had never even thought about the fact it could be dehydrated. I've always had problems with foundation not lasting on my t-zone, especially my nose and Caroline says that  this is a common sign of dehydration.

One big change I am making is Fish Oil!! Caroline swears by stuff and so I am taking a 1000mg capsule a day (Caroline recommends 9000mg but I'm a little scared at this amount, so I thought I'd start of small and increase it if i feel the need to). I've also purchased the REN Clearcalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser, La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo and Hydraluron. These three products alongside the Alpha-H Liquid Gold and a Clay mask a couple of times a week, I hope will sort my skin out!

In the past I've always relied on cheap, high street products so I'm hoping this will kick my skin into shape! I'll keep you guys updated!!

p.s. sorry for the longg post!
[image from lacedivory.com]


post signature

You Might Also Like

12 beauty notes

  1. Can you give a review on this routine after you have done it for a few weeks please? Would love to see if it improves your skin.

    P.xx
    greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a good plan of attack there. I'm in my late 20s and suffer from hormonal acne. I get it around my chin and a tiny bit on my nose. Haha! So don't think you are too old! Hormonal acne isn't just for teenagers. Our hormones are always changing, like when we are a teenager, pregnancy, and of course monthly. Haha!
    Caroline's blog sounds very interesting. Thanks for introducing me to a new blog. I'm loving yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am halfway through a post on my new skincare regime and fish oil is it xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take fish oils and they are so beneficial in general - not just for skin. I've noticed I get sick way less and they are great for helping muscles recover after tough exercises. Hope your new regimen works on your skin!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some problems with my skin too, and I agree that I will find myself slapping on makeup to try and cover things. I must have dehydrated skin too, as mine sounds exactly the same as yours! Thanks for sharing, I may try out some of the products you have mentioned.

    Lauren x

    www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please let me know how you get on, I am exactly in the same position and I have been considering purchasing many of the products you mentioned!
    xxx
    Jemapparel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. thankfully I am somewhat blessed with good skin, but your post made me want to take better care of my skin!
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope ur skin issues work out, after having normal skin all my life i had major issues for about 6 months last year, but if the issue is sudden- there is a reason for it, and so was there for my sudden bad skin.. Ive tried fish oil before (not for my skin though), i didnt notice any improvements in my skin, but i hope it works. Just remember I wouldnt say its about highstreet versus high end, just check if the ingredients are ok, i.e. dont put mineral oil and stuff on ur skin :) i know tons of cheap brand with as good ingredients as expensive ones,, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely think me and you have very similar skin types. My skin started to change a couple of years ago when I left school, it had always been pretty clear before that. Thanks for this post though, I definitely don't drink enough water so my skin is also probably dehydrated!

    beautyandtheb1.co.uk

    B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your outfit , you have great style!

    Great post!

    My fashion/beauty blog.
    http://xfruitytooty.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let us know how it goes, I am having a similar issue. My skin used to be perfect but I think stress is causing it to break out, flake, dry out and scar etc etc. I'm trying to use bio-oil atm but it has to be applied twice daily for three months which is a bit of a long time :S xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still getting spots and I'm 30! be good to hear how you get on with your new products, I hope it works for you, having bad skin can really get you down :(

    I have hydraluron too, its fantastic.

    allie from alliesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting x

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe